Dr. Anthony E. Brissett@headingTag>
Dr. Anthony E. Brissett takes Houston plastic surgery to a whole new level with his extensive training, skilled hands, and artistic leanings to transform the lives and appearances of his many patients. A double board-certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Brissett offers a number of cosmetic, reconstructive, and nonsurgical, rejuvenating procedures to his patients at his practice. He is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery) and the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery.
The award-winning Dr. Brissett has continuously collected accolades throughout his storied career, including numerous “Top Docs” nods from various publications. Not only does Dr. Brissett strive to provide patients with quality surgical and nonsurgical procedures, but he’s also a prolific publisher and presenter in the medical community to educate and enlighten his peers. Despite his hectic schedule, Dr. Brissett still finds time to give back to his community through several philanthropic efforts.
Skills and Experience@headingTag>
As a facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Brissett is involved in improving all aspects of the face whether through cosmetic, reconstructive, or nonsurgical procedures. A Clinician Scientist at Mayo Clinic, Dr. Brissett continuously conducts research to gain further knowledge and experience to stay on the cutting-edge of the field. In addition, Dr. Brissett served as both an Associate Professor at Baylor College of Medicine, as well as the Director of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for more than a decade. Dr. Brissett excels in all aspects of facial plastic surgery, commonly performing facelifts, eyelid lifts, brow lifts, and neck lift surgery. Dr. Brissett is known for his expertise in nasal surgery and rhinoplasty with a specific interest in ethnic sensitive rhinoplasty. Additionally, Dr Brissett has extensive experience in the treatment of skin cancer, facial scar revision, and ear surgery procedures.
Education and Training@headingTag>
After earning his medical degree, Dr. Brissett began his extensive training at the world-famous Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. While there, he completed his otolaryngology residency. Also while at the Mayo Clinic, Dr. Brissett fulfilled his post-doctoral fellowship in wound healing. From there, Dr. Brissett went on to the University of Minnesota in St. Paul, MN to complete his clinical fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery under the guidance of some of the top surgeons in the field.
Dr. Brissett is certified by the following:
- The American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, Fellow
- The American Academy of Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery), Diplomate?
- The American College of Surgeons, Fellow
Awards, Honors & Recognitions@headingTag>
Throughout the years, Dr. Brissett has been awarded and honored with:
- Doctor of the Year, Baylor College of Medicine
- Doctor of the Quarter, Baylor College of Medicine
- “Top Doctors,” Houstonia Magazine
- Baylor Physician of the Year, Baylor College of Medicine You FIRST Program
- “Top Doctors: SE Texas,” Castle Connolly, 2013
- Patients’ Choice Award, Vitals.com, 2009 – 2012
- Honor Roll, Healthgrades.com
In addition, Dr. Brissett has received these special recognitions from the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services for best practices:
- CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) Stage 1 EHR (Electronic Health Rewards), 2013
- CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) Stage 1 EHR (Electronic Health Rewards), 2012
- CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) Stage 1 EHR (Electronic Health Rewards)
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification, EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2011 – 2013
Dr. Brissett has held the following professional positions:
Associate Professor of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
Baylor College of Medicine
Director of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
Baylor College of Medicine
Co-Director of BCM Aesthetics, Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Baylor College of Medicine
A firm believer in giving back to the community, Dr. Brissett is a founding member and board member of Casa El Buen Samaritano, which provides free health care services to those in need. Dr. Brissett is also involved in Face the Future, a foundation that provides medical services to children with cleft palate and craniofacial abnormalities. Each year, Dr. Brissett travels to Russia to perform surgery for those in need. He also travels to Rwanda yearly to perform surgery and teach. As the Medical Director of a faith-based clinic in Houston, Dr. Brissett sees patients there on a weekly basis.
Publications and Presentations@headingTag>
- Contemporary management of traumatic fractures of the frontal sinus. Guy, W. M., Brissett, A. E.; Otolaryngol. Clin. North Am. 2013 Oct 22.
- Repairing angle of the mandible fractures with a strut plate. Guy, W. M., Mohyuddin, N., Burchhardt, D., Olson, K. L., Eicher, S. A., Brissett, A. E.; JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013 Jun.
- Ethnic trends in facial plastic surgery. Sturm-O'Brien, A. K., Brissett, A. E., Brissett, A. E.; Facial Plast Surg. 2010 May.
- The aging African-American face. Brissett, A. E., Naylor, M. C.; Facial Plast Surg. 2010 May.
- Frequency of sinus disease in normal subjects and patients with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Cohen, H. S., Stewart, M. G., Brissett, A. E., Olson, K. L., Takashima, M., Sangi-Haghpeykar, H.; ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2010.
- Keloids: pathogenesis, clinical features, and management. Chike-Obi, C. J., Cole, P. D., Brissett, A. E.; Semin Plast Surg. 2009 Aug.
- Rhinoplasty: the african american patient. Momoh, A. O., Hatef, D. A., Griffin, A., Brissett, A. E.; Semin Plast Surg. 2009 Aug.
- HIV-associated facial lipoatrophy: establishment of a validated grading scale. Funk, E., Brissett, A. E., Friedman, C. D., Bressler, F. J.; Laryngoscope. 2007 Aug.
- Botulinum toxin to improve facial wound healing: A prospective, blinded, placebo-controlled study. Gassner, H. G., Brissett, A. E., Otley, C. C., Boahene, D. K., Boggust, A. J., Weaver, A. L., Sherris, D. A.; Mayo Clin Proc. 2006 Aug.
- Contemporary surgical management of HIV-associated facial lipoatrophy. Funk, E., Bressler, F. J., Brissett, A. E.; Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006 Jun.
- Preoperative assessment of the aging patient. Ho, T., Brissett, A. E.; Facial Plast Surg. 2006 May.
- Male facelift. Brissett, A. E., Hilger, P. A.; Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2005 Aug.
- Internal auditory canal decompression and cochlear implantation in Camurati-Engelmann disease. Tibesar, R. J., Brissett, A. E., Shallop, J. K., Driscoll, C. L.; Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004 Dec.
- Craniofacial metal bolt injury: an unusual mechanism. Boahene, K. O., Thompson, D. M., Schulte, D. L., Brissett, A. E.; J Trauma. 2004 Mar.
- The effects of tissue sealants, platelet gels, and growth factors on wound healing. Brissett, A. E., Hom, D. B.; Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003 Aug.
- Merkel cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a retrospective case series. Brissett, A. E., Olsen, K. D., Kasperbauer, J. L., Lewis, J. E., Goellner, J. R., Spotts, B. E., Weaver, A. L., Strome, S. E.; Head Neck. 2002 Nov.
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the tonsils: a molecular analysis of HPV associations. Strome, S. E., Savva, A., Brissett, A. E., Gostout, B. S., Lewis, J., Clayton, A. C., McGovern, R., Weaver, A. L., Persing, D., Kasperbauer, J. L.; Clin Cancer Res. 2002 Apr.
- Scar contractures, hypertrophic scars, and keloids. Brissett, A. E., Sherris, D. A.; Facial Plast Surg. 2001 Nov.